- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Product Engineering
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
Flipboard is seeking a Product Analytics Manager, to help optimize our acquisition and engagement efforts as we seek new ways to delight and grow our audience. We’re looking for a self starter who will use data to find root causes and actionable solutions. You will report to the Analytics & Insights Team, but will interact with many stakeholders, especially the Product Team. This is an individual contributor position for now, with the potential to manage others as we expand the team.
The Data Analytics Team is based out of our NYC office. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is working 100% remotely. We’d love to have you join us when the offices open in the New York or SF Bay Area but are open to 100% remote in the US as well.
- Envision, design, analyze and interpret A/B tests to optimize our apps and site and to enhance the user experience
- Grow our user base through better engagement, enhanced retention and reduced churn
- Work closely with the Product Team to determine key points in our app and/or web experience that delight or frustrate our users and help drive a plan of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with multiple additional teams to find answers to our most challenging questions, particularly those that impact the growth, retention and satisfaction of our users
- Present and evangelize data and insights across the organization, including regular interaction with team leads and the Executive Team
- Help build a better data and reporting environment for all analysts, power users and general users
- In addition to optimizing existing features, you will be expected to research, envision and recommend future features and improvements in the user experience
- 5+ years experience in an analytical position
- Relevant experience in product analytics in a web and/or app environment
- Very strong statistical skills and the ability to apply them to create business recommendations
- Very strong SQL proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability to wrangle large and messy data sets from multiple sources in a resource-lean environment
- The ability to balance both well defined assignments from others as well as self guided projects of your own creation
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Python a strong plus
- Knowledge of R a strong plus
- Knowledge of Looker and LookML a strong plus
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.