- United States
- Date Posted
- Jul. 4, 2021
- Product Management
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
Flipboard is looking for a product and trend enthusiast to lead commerce curation across varied verticals and interests as we expand our editorial efforts across the platform. As commerce is a new area for Flipboard, this person will have the opportunity to capitalize on new opportunities, gain learnings, and fundamentally shape the success of this initiative. This role will report to the Lead Manager, Publisher & Co-Marketing Partnerships.
This is a remote Contractor role working 20 hours/week.
- Curate multiple evergreen and topical collections of products daily that are additive to the overall user experience and Flipboard content ecosystem
- Leverage internal and external data and insights to drive editorial decisions and optimize shoppable collections
- Monitor the news and social space to choose timely products based on what is trending
- Collaborate with Flipboard editors and social teams to identify opportunities of content alignment and amplification
- 2+ years of editorial commerce experience
- Experience in headline and news writing is preferred
- Excellent judgment and technological savviness
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Sharp strategic thinker with ability to adapt to a broad spectrum of internal and external scenarios and contexts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic about the prospect of joining the world-class team behind a transformative platform
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.