- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are seeking an extremely motivated and capable seller, a go-getter who will help us establish and grow our premium newsletter sponsorships business. We’re looking for someone who has a solid understanding of the premium newsletter ecosystem with a proven record of partnerships with agencies and clients direct.
The role is a full-time position reporting to our Head of Newsletters and Content Partnerships. The team is based in our New York City office and fully remote during the pandemic. We have a flexible work from home policy and are open to hiring remotely anywhere in the US.
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals and performance targets to help establish this exciting new revenue channel.
- Educate brands and agencies about the value of premium newsletter sponsorships and Flipboard’s suite of solutions that are built to help meet and exceed their upper to lower funnel goals.
- Prospecting new clients and collaboration with the Direct Sales Team.
- Management of sales outreach to both brands and agencies through Boostr, our order management system.
- Provide market feedback and deliver input to help develop sales materials, product packaging and positioning for Flipboard’s newsletter offerings.
- Collaborate with the Account Management and Ops teams to ensure a seamless
- Post-sale process.
- Contract terms and signature for new business, work with Account Manager to lead campaign kick-off with all constituents, guide clients through media strategy.
- Extend successful Newsletter campaigns and packages into in-app advertising formats to scale partnerships.
- Serve as industry expert with regards to the newsletter eco-system and representative at key industry events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Mac, Keynote, Microsoft Office and Google Workplace (strong experience with pivot tables necessary).
- 2-5 years minimum experience in a client-facing, sales role, ideally with a track record of newsletter sales experience.
- Previous experience with mobile applications, native and mobile advertising, with a strong understanding of advertising performance, tracking and attribution is a plus.
- Comfortable with leading presentations to agencies and clients alike to story tell around the Flipboard audience and benefits of high impact newsletter advertising opportunities.
- This ideal candidate is hungry and scrappy as there is uncapped potential for the impact they can make.
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.