- United States
- Date Posted
- Jul. 4, 2021
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
Flipboard is seeking an experienced, strategic, and innovative Head of Sales & Revenue Strategy to lead our business with advertisers and their agencies, via a full-time position based in the New York region. You will lead a team that works with the world’s top advertisers to develop strategic and creative marketing solutions that help connect these brands to their most valued audiences on the platform. Managing a team of sellers across both direct and programmatic, this role is relied on to drive the business to meet the objectives of marketers, helping them innovate in new and exciting ways.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is working 100% remotely. We are open to the Head of Sales position being 100% remote during and post-pandemic with a preference for New York City when we return to offices.
- Grow advertising revenue for Flipboard through leadership of a team of 5-10 direct sellers across the U.S.
- Highly collaborative role, partnering closely with Head of Revenue Operations (whose teams include Sales Planning, Account Management, Ad Ops, P&Y) and Head of Programmatic
- Develop and execute Sales strategy across the team
- Drive Global/International opportunity for key accounts
- Educate clients and their agencies on the mobile consumer experience and advertising/marketing opportunities that Flipboard offers
- Penetrate, influence, and persuade key account decision makers across client and agency organizations in a variety of roles, including digital media, strategy, mobile, social and content marketing
- Oversee Programmatic “subject matter expert” group, and drive its partnership with Sales
- Manage pipeline, revenue forecasts, sales activity via Boostr
- Establish a visible and influential presence in the media and advertising communities
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with management, other functional teams, and business partners
- This is a leadership role in the organization, ideally working in New York City (some regional flexibility, given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic)
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years experience in digital media sales management roles, working directly with Fortune 500 companies, advertising agencies, and DTC brands
- Strategic leader, with a track record of penetrating markets and driving new business
- Established relationships with senior marketing and media leadership at companies and agencies
- A deep understanding of the platform media landscape, and associated opportunity for marketers
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to initiate change and motivate a team to produce innovative and creative results
- Ability to perform at a high level when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with difficult or unexpected challenges
- Deep understanding of Programmatic sales
- Previous experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising
- Experience working with the Financial Services, Tech/Telecom, Travel, and Auto industries a plus
- Understanding of email monetization also a value add
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, start-up environment
- A passion for Flipboard and our mission
- Strong attention to detail, with proficiencies in GSuite, Keynote, Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- BA/BS degree
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.