- United States
- Date Posted
- Jul. 4, 2021
- Software Engineering
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
At Flipboard we are re-imagining how people discover, consume, and curate content across devices. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passion. On the Web team, we’re looking for a full stack engineer to help develop modern, standards-based web applications that support that vision.
You’d be part of a small distributed team of engineers and designers. You will participate in research, prototyping, design, development and testing of new technologies and products. The role can be anywhere in the Pacific time zone of The United States or Canada.
The web team at Flipboard values a collaborative, feedback-driven development process. We emphasize both UX and code quality/maintainability. Our distributed structure (which predates COVID-19) leads us to value proactive communication and inclusion for the entire software development lifecycle.
- Help develop modern, standards-based web applications that support the Flipboard vision
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of development experience
- Strong programming and design skills
- Expertise with web application frameworks
- Strong knowledge of web site design best practices
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
“Nice to have”: Experience working with / proficiency in:
- Redux (or functional programming in general)
- Keen eye for clean UI implementation
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Experience with shipping large scale web products
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.