- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
Fonoa is a product-led company. We’re always thinking about our end users, our ability to build world class technology, measured processes and well defined product proposals.
Some pointers about our culture:
- Our people are given problems to solve, rather than a list of tasks to execute.
- We always try to understand the customer’s needs before thinking about implementation details.
- We work in lean, small teams. We co-own the product roadmap with product managers
- We chose collaboration, compassion and trust over individualism and politics
- We prefer innovation, constant iteration and trust over competition and perfect solutions.
- We support each other, are kind by nature, and give as much feedback to all improve as professionals
Fonoa has a suite of API products that automate tax-related workflows for any internet company. Check them out below:
We may discover novel customer needs as we learn, and spin up new products as needed. We expect our engineers to own them as they pop up.
We are builders at heart
- We are a collective of independent and deep thinkers.
- We are curious, committed, and humble.
- We work with dedicated, open-minded people from all backgrounds who bring in their different perspectives to help us on our mission to make taxes simple.
- We’re passionate about making a real impact.
We work remotely
We are building a fully distributed team. We like writing to communicate when meetings are pointless, and meet when it matters. This allows us to work flexibly, efficiently, and focus on achieving goals.
- We focus on deep work and put our time where it matters the most - decisions.
- We trust you to work on your terms. You decide how you work and where you work.
- You have ownership over your work that directly influences the roots of our company.
We make taxes simple
- We are on a mission to eliminate manual work when dealing with taxes on online transactions.
- We have ambitious goals to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for internet businesses around the world.
What you will be doing:
- Work with product managers, engineers, and other product designers to define both the long-term strategy and short-term tactics for our product suite
- Help defining the full product cycle from user goals, models, user journeys, user flows to high fidelity interfaces and translate them into wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Design unified experiences across application platforms, including information architecture and interaction design
- Proficiency with using prototyping tools such as Figma
- Collaborate with software developers to transform product visions into intuitive, high quality experiences
- Focus on key skills, whether that’s research, UX, wireframes, prototypes, designs — and you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and project teams
- Consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animations to business model, when designing.
You would be a great fit if:
- 4+ years of digital product design experience working on web and native applications
- Experience with B2B SaaS
- Strong portfolio a must (candidates without demonstrated software design experience will not be considered)
- Experienced in user research and usability testing but also have the ability to move quickly based on known requirements
- Able to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Skilled in storytelling (explaining your work, process, and decisions)
- Comfortable designing based on limited business requirements and open to iterative feedback to help our company produce its best work
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Posses a collaborative work style, growth mindset, and get-it-done attitude
You don’t have to match all the requirements. Please apply anyway, as we are open to a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences.
Our Hiring Process
We see hiring as a human process. A two-way conversation to see if there is a good fit between you and us. As a startup growing quickly, we also like to keep things streamlined, and currently, our process won’t include a live task, whiteboards or technical assessments.
An idea of your hiring journey with us:
- Meeting with Recruiting to introduce each other and explore mutual interests.
- Follow up via email to cover other questions in a written manner
- 1 hour conversation with engineering to get to know each other and see if you would be excited to work together.
- 1 hour conversation with our co-founders.
- We aim to give you the best candidate experience, keep you updated and be transparent with our feedback along the way.
Our take on equal opportunities
Fonoa gives equal opportunities to everyone. We look at individuals for what they bring to the organisation and for who they are as people regardless of ethnicity, race and background.
We currently have over 20 nationalities in our team, we’re continuing to build a diverse team as we want to work with the best people, from all over the world.
Perks at Fonoa
- A competitive salary depending on your experience
- Attractive equity to keep you positively incentivized
- Yearly equity and cash bonus based on individual performance (above market)
- We are backed by leading VC firms who have invested in many successful companies (Index Ventures and Omers Ventures)
- Flat hierarchy, open, honest and feedback driven principles.
- Product first culture.
- Best idea wins; we’re all ears when it comes to ways to do things better.
- Interest based groups; cooking, fitness, book club, music, pet, you name it!
- Frequent visits to virtual Fonoa HQ and our Fonoa island on Mibo.
- A few more reasons here