- San Francisco
- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech, Data, and Risk” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Funding Circle Business Managers are quantitative analysts who can extract meaningful business insights from customer data, and leverage predictive models to create decision strategies that will optimize business performance. They support the Risk Management, Marketing, Capital Markets, Operations, and Finance teams.
- This is a strategic role that sits at the heart of value creation, utilizing leading edge analytics and turning data into long term competitive advantages.
- Understands business needs and defines analytical frameworks to facilitate problem-solving, while setting best practices that can be translated globally
- Recommends optimal business strategies based on historical performance, predictive analytics, and scenario analysis
- Understands customer motivations and develops actionable segmentation models
- Can find and apply the robust statistical techniques to improve A/B testing from test design to analyzing results. Comfortable working with limited data at times and using judgment
- Can identify the best modeling techniques (such as machine learning, regression, tree-based) to solve business problems and can partner with the tech team to implement these algorithms into production environments
- Effective in working with stakeholders outside of the team to identify hypotheses, structure analysis, recommend solutions, and communicate results
- Desire to learn from others and a desire to bring something new to the team so we can learn from you too!
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative or Finance related field required, Masters/PhD preferred
- 5-8 years of experience working with Analytics - 2+ years in Financial Services lending preferred
- Proficient with analytical tools like Excel VBA, QlikView, Tableau, R or SAS, Python
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Excellent ability to translate complex problems into clear and simple stories
- Open minded, collaborative, great to interact with
- Identification with our Mission, “To build a better financial world”
- Alignment with our Core Values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack, and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.