- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within “Corporate Functions”. The engine of Funding Circle - we keep the business running. Whatever the discipline, we turn dreams into reality and help small businesses to win.
What will you be doing?
The Capital Markets Operations team is seeking a motivated & organized analyst to support the US institutional investor operation. In this role, you’ll be responsible for owning day-to-day client service operations between internal business partners and external institutional investors, who commit capital to the FC platform. This position reports to the Capital Markets Operations Senior Manager.
- Directly support institutional investors on a daily basis, providing timely responses and detail to their inquiries to build rapport and trust.
- Manage the BAU reporting process, delivering monthly statements, ad hoc reporting as needed, etc.
- Work closely with Product, Technology and Ops Teams to identify & deploy improvements for payment platforms, reports and systems used by investors.
- Become a subject matter expert in data quality monitoring, reporting procedures and initiatives.
- Identify deficiencies and risks in operations and execute on improvements.
- Assist in responding to investor due diligences, third-party audit requests, and onsite fieldwork arrangements.
- Obtain an in-depth knowledge of internal payments and loan processing systems.
- Organize and execute project management-related tasks with new investor onboardings, loan transfers between investors, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or other quantitative disciplines.
- Between 1-3 years of work experience in the financial services industry, investment operations, lending industry and/or financial reconciliation.
- Working understanding of G.A.A.P. and how it pertains to investor reporting & reconciliations.
- Middle office experience managing external stakeholders or clients is a plus.
- Comfortable working with large data sets (preferably working with basic queries). Intermediate Excel skills are a must (vlookup, pivot tables, data scrubbing, recording macros, etc.). SQL and/or Tableau experience a plus.
- Confident with challenging assumptions and not settling for the status quo.
- General understanding of legal contractual language and terms.
- Possess a polished profile when interacting with investors.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Expert time management and prioritization skills with the ability to dynamically pivot between responsibilities.
- Identification with our mission, “to build a better financial world”.
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that’s varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that’s built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base salary range of $60,000 to $65,000 + equity + benefits