- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities, and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within what we call the “Funnel” team. They are the face of Funding Circle and work passionately to make sure small businesses have an incredible experience in getting the funding they need.
What will you be doing?
Funding Circle’s Loan Operations Team is focused on supporting the efficient business flow of borrowers through our lending process. We partner with our Sales Team and Underwriters to assess, verify, and document each loan opportunity. We touch each loan multiple times by preparing deals for Underwriting review and by assuring all documents and information are correct for our investor marketplace. We move fast while maintaining the highest level of quality in each review we complete. This is an individual contributor role where you will have visibility to the small business lending process.
- Credit model preparation; Use Collected borrower credit and business information and prepare the credit underwriting model for Underwriter review.
- Use available third party tools to collect information on applicants and their business
- Perform rigorous quality assurance: Reconcile loan documents and internal system data for completeness and accuracy. Facilitate resolution of discrepancies with sales and credit teams.
- Assemble loan closing packages: prepare loan documents and transmit to clients for execution, compile borrower wire instructions, payoff letters, and SOS filings.
- Operational Improvement: Constant improvement is core to what we do at Funding Circle. Each Loan Operations Analyst is charged with looking for and staying involved with making our process outstanding.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Comfortable in a volume driven environment
- Enthusiastic & quick learner, able to take and give constructive feedback
- Ability to thrive in team environment focused on group success in balance with individual performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable communicating with partners across the company
- Thrives in performance driven environment focused on data and statistical analysis
- Plus: Excel and Salesforce experience, evaluating tax documents, bank statements, and payoff letters
- Identifies with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
- Aligns with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand together, Live The Adventure
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base Salary of $39,000 + equity + benefits