- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Data Science
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here. We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
About the role
We’re looking for someone with enthusiasm for wrangling data pipelines, from data ingestion to fully productionised models.
The data platform team makes sure that data at Funding Circle is reliable and easily accessible across the company. We leverage the latest technologies and a team of diverse backgrounds to build a data platform to address these challenges. We build tools to help us automate traditional data processing pipelines so that we can build data systems at scale. We also build tools to empower our analysts and data scientists in their day to day work.
As a DataOps Engineer, you will:
- Promote a DataOps approach to the data science delivery process to automate the provision of data, testing and monitoring to reduce development cycles and increase deployment frequency.
- Play a key role in technical design and ongoing development of custom ETL solutions; understanding and contributing from the design stage through to code level.
- Being the point of contact of the data platform team to ensure that the right tooling is provided to the credit strategy team.
- Champion and lead the use of engineering best practices.
- Have extensive experience with Python and SQL
- Experience on working in a cloud environment, in particular AWS
- Extensive experience on data modelling
- Experience with machine learning pipelines.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.