- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Data Science
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Risk and Analytics” team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
About the role
Would you describe yourself as a data fanatic? Do you have a passion for analysing and visualising data to help your company make better decisions faster? If you answer yes to these questions then we’re looking for you to apply! We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to help drive the use of data across the company. You’ll help by:
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the business and helping them with their data needs
- Understanding how our business works and how this is reflected in our data
- Creating engaging visualisations to bring the data story to life
- Working with data to prototype solutions for analytics teams and feeding into the design and build of our data platforms
- Assessing and tracking the quality of data and working with the team to solve issues.
- Mentoring and developing analysts both within the team and the wider analytics community.
- Ability to extract insight from data and explain, in straightforward terms, what it means
- Experience developing dashboards in visualisation tools like Tableau or Qlikview
- Strong SQL query/development skills (Athena/Presto, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Good understanding of ETL processes and data pipelines
- Fired–up to achieve. Passionate about the power of data to drive better business outcomes for our customers.
- Super organised. Someone who knows how to manage their workload, cope with multiple priorities and can organise their days and week effectively
- Quick to learn. You get things quickly, can take on feedback and understand how to explain complex concepts and products to our customers simply
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.