- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Design & UI
Who are we?
- We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
- We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies and we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the UK Business & Product teams but you will work closely with the Marketing & Brand teams. Brilliant people working together to create and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Our UK London based Design Team is seeking a talented Digital Designer who shares our passion for fintech and creating world-class digital experiences.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in engaging digital design and have previous experience building digital interfaces (or fun websites) and digital campaign creative that wows the customer! You will have a flair for visual graphic design and a good understanding of how to build a strong brand identity using illustration, photography, animation, motion/transitions/interactions to bring compelling experiences to life.
You will be responsible for taking Funding Circles’ visual language and identity to the next level, influencing the end to end customer journey, working with stakeholders, engineers and product managers across the business to create simple elegant design solutions that solve complex problems and delight our business owners.
- Champion design led thinking and customer centric design processes or approach to projects
- Confidently communicating these methodologies to non-designers and translate requirements
- Producing hi-fidelity responsive screen designs from sketches to fully functional prototypes
- Put users at the centre of a design to make it simple, easy to use and look visually stunning
- Present the stages of the design development process to business users
- Working smartly, iterate quickly and shift or pivot design direction quickly when required
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team, including web developers and content managers
- Briefing your designs to engineering and product development teams.
- Helping us make every interaction with the FC brand visually memorable and compelling
- Maintaining, evolving, sharing and championing our brand guidelines
- Possessing a strong portfolio of previous campaign creative and integrated website designs
- Figma (and/or Sketch for rapid prototyping UI interface & website screen design)
- A Visual design with Artist Flair and strong attention to detail (Pixel Perfect)
- Illustrator (Icons and illustration design), Photoshop (Image treatment and motion)
- Final Cut Pro, AfterEffects + Lottie (UI animations and transitions)
- Adept of latest device/platform/browser limitations and capabilities
- Experienced working within brand guidelines, design pattern libraries and design systems
- Also Desirable (Not Essential to apply)
- Working knowledge of latest HTML/CSS Browser/Device limitations
- Front End standards and best practices (React / Storybook etc.)
- Understanding of Design Systems and Design language management
- Mobile App Design & App development best practices / standards
- Creating and maintaining strong Brand Identities or UI Libraries / Toolkits
- 3D or vector Animation of shorts or living infographics (cinemagraphs etc.)
- Print ready artwork proofing knowledge
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.