- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “UK Business & Product” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
The UK Product Team is seeking a talented UI / UX Product Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences. The ideal candidate will have expertise in user-centered design, user research and knowledge of product design & prototyping techniques. You will be responsible for all stages of design for Funding Circle customers, and enjoy working with stakeholders, engineers and product managers to create simple solutions that solve complex problems for the user.
To do this you will:
- Gather user and business requirements for design briefs.
- Produce hi-fidelity responsive screen designs from sketches to fully functional prototypes to test.
- Put users at the centre of a design to make it simple, easy to use and look great.
- Present the stages of the design development process to business users.
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team, including web developers and programmers.
- Briefing your designs to engineering and product development teams.
- Ensure our apps comply with web standards, the law and equal opportunities policies.
- Extensively experienced in designing engaging user experiences across multiple devices and platforms, with a detailed understanding of design best practices and industry design patterns.
- Sensitive to user experience, strong user intuition with the desire to test those assumptions.
- Fluent in using creative and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC and Principle.
- A strong communication skills and an ability to direct and establish best practices within the team and to present your findings and reasons behind your design decisions & concepts.
- Adept of latest device/platform/browser limitations and capabilities.
- Experienced working within brand guidelines, design pattern libraries and design systems.
Experience in a relevant service-based industry or FinTech business and able to demonstrate a strong portfolio of work. Qualifications in design, computing science, human-centred design, user research and web design would also be useful, though not essential.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.