- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Engineering QA
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities, and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech, Data, and Risk” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
As a Credit Quality Control Manager, you will be responsible for the execution of credit quality control reviews on the FC SME credit risk underwriting and ensuring that we comply with internal credit policies and external regulation. You will be representing the second line of defense and driving the culture of credit risk awareness across the organization. As well as optimizing the credit quality control review processes, procedures and standards, you will also be maintaining and promoting credit underwriting good governance, credit processes and agreed service levels.
- Reviewing underwriting decisions on loan applications and defaulted FC loans
- Challenge material credit risk decisions where necessary and making recommendations to develop new approaches to manage and/ or mitigate credit risk
- Identifying material individual, aggregate and emerging credit risks; communicating findings to senior leadership
- Generate and evaluate reports on both a weekly and monthly basis which will be communicated to the Business Unit CRO and the business
- Make recommendations for the ongoing development of systems, processes and business practices to provide improvements in efficiency and capacity in delivering enhanced credit quality monitoring
- Maintaining US Credit standards and process documentation
- Assisting with Internal and External Audits
- Educated to degree level
- Have at least 4-5 years Credit Risk experience in a financial services company/ FinTech
- Excellent reporting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage time well
- Excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and challenge the status quo
- Self-disciplined, motivated, and a strong team player
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base Salary range of $100,000 to $120,000 + equity + benefits