- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent $13.1 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed $8.4 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within “Corporate Functions”. The engine of Funding Circle - we keep the business running. Whatever the discipline, we turn dreams into reality and help small businesses to win.
What will you be doing?
As an Accountant, you will be a key member of the Finance Team, reporting to the US Controller. This is a great fit for a candidate ready to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing environment and who is looking for opportunities to build, learn, and grow. This role will be responsible for key operational aspects of the Finance team, including those listed below.
- Monthly accruals
- Payroll posting, headcount tracking, and benefits reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Borrower refunds
- Investor and tenant invoices
- Fixed assets and capitalized development spend, including personal property tax filings
- General ledger account reconciliations and reporting on month-end results
- Special projects
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Someone who possesses a solid grasp of accounting principles (IFRS preferred, but not required)
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that is constantly evolving
- A fast learner, able to understand the company’s complex business model
- A self-starter, able to work independently without direct supervision
- Curious about learning new things and wanting to expand your skill set
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 1 – 3 years working in a similar role
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Familiarity with Fintech or financial services is a plus!
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base salary range $60,000 to $65,000 + benefits + equity