- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £11.4 billion in 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending supported 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Director of Group Finance, the Group FP&A Manager will be responsible for group level financial planning and analysis at Funding Circle, also working closely with the CFO on group wide analysis and insight.
The Group FP&A Manager will serve as a peer to the Group Financial Controller and each of the geographic FP&A Managers in a collaborative rather than a top-down Head Office to subsidiary culture.
The priorities for the Group FP&A Manager role include:
- Drive a planning cycle within the business that is seen as adding value rather than burdensome; that tightly aligns financial aspiration to operational and strategic goals; and provides a mechanism for performance management.
- Develop and maintain financial systems that underpin the ambition of the function and the business.
- Coordinate medium term plans that capture strategic intent, link to funding requirements and capital allocation.
- Undertake deep dives and provide commercial analysis and strategic thought to the Global leadership team.
- Manage how we describe the business internally and externally, determining those leading and lagging KPIs that enable the CEO and CFO to hold the business to account whilst communicating progress effectively to shareholders.
- Support investor relation activity providing stakeholder business partnering to the CEO and CFO as well as supporting them in articulating the story to journalists, investors and suppliers.
- Support M&A activity through either direct due diligence or the co-ordination of advisors.
People Leadership and Partnering
- Act as a thought partner to the Finance leadership team and the Global leadership team.
- Lead by example with the ability to work autonomously.
- Work with the wider finance leadership team in formulating, updating and implementing the function’s purpose and deliverables.
- Together with the CFO, support the communication of the strategy of the finance function to the wider team and the Global Leadership Team.
- Be a face for the function to the wider company.
- The role will be three days in our London office and two days able to work from home.
It would be great if you have:
- Qualified Accountant with relevant PQE ~ +5 years.
- Working in the financial services sector and preferably some listed businesses experience.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy – someone who is curious to dig deeper and produce strong analysis.
- Excellent excel and modelling skills.
- Strong reporting and presentation skills, both written and oral, to senior leadership.
- High integrity and belief in “doing the right thing”.
- A desire to build and develop both people and processes.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- A team-player, who can take responsibility and work with a high level of autonomy combining both “thinking” and “doing”.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.