- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. With teams in London, San Francisco and Denver, we are fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
About the role:
- Analyse data (annual accounts, bank statements, credit reference agency data) to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit to SME borrowers on a loan-by-loan basis
- Enhance the quality of loan decisions by integrating market, industry, and portfolio insights into your credit decision
- Further your knowledge of UK SMEs, incl. accounting practices, industry and financing standards, payment behaviour and relevant legal aspects to help us evaluating credit risk correctly
- Provide a best-in-class experience for our borrowers by reviewing all loan applications efficiently and in accordance with our internal quality standards
- Contribute to the ongoing development of systems, processes and business practices by sharing recommendations to improve efficiency and capacity
- Advise and guide colleagues to ensure that commercial opportunities are maximised without compromising Funding Circle’s risk management
- An inquisitive mind-set, openness to change, willingness to challenge the status quo and a great work ethic
- Experience in credit analysis (Ideally SME lending)
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and communication skills
- A firm understanding of UK accounting standards
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octave – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.