- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
Being a fast-growing FinTech, it’ll be no surprise to hear People are a high priority at Funding Circle.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and people-centric HR Business Partner to join our team in London. In this role, you will support leaders to identify, build and execute HR strategies to meet Funding Circle’s business objectives. You’ll understand the critical business priorities and proactively develop a People agenda that supports the business as it continues to grow whilst incorporating our values and adding to the strength of our culture.
- Deliver global initiatives across the employee lifecycle, including performance management, compensation, managerial & leadership development, total rewards, culture & engagement and diversity & inclusion.
- Lead and drive discrete and ad-hoc projects related to organisation design and other people change processes.
- As a trusted advisor to the business, you must be able to anticipate needs, diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions while collaborating well across a global matrixed environment.
- Coach, mentor and advise at all levels of the organisation. With senior leadership, you will bring and elicit the critical thinking necessary for navigating complex people situations.
- Apply data and analytics to help inform trends, identify appropriate interventions and measure impact.
- Experience as an HR/People Partner supporting a global business (5 or more years experience is desirable).
- Experience supporting multiple senior executives. Ability to develop trusted relationships, credibility and influence, occasionally via remote working arrangements.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations in the UK and experience of dealing with complex employee relations issues. Experience of working in other geographies is a plus.
- Experience of and/or led as appropriate the planning, design, delivery of cross HR-functional initiatives.
- Analytical mindset, capable of getting into detail with people data to analyse trends. Must be comfortable using spreadsheets and creating pivot tables, v-lookups and other basic formulas.
- Assess training and facilitation needs and conduct 1:1 and group sessions tailored to deliver specific outcomes.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience of supporting a technology organisation. Passion for tech and product development is desirable.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.