- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Financial Services
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech” team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a resourceful, detail-oriented, and patient individual who enjoys working with a variety of stakeholders and forging bonds within a community? If your answer is yes, you may be what we are looking for. Funding Circle is looking for a customer focussed, efficiency-driven Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer who is able to innovate, can think on their feet and can collaborate effectively across multiple teams. Corp IT is thinking big and looking to bring the right characters into the organisation to facilitate their ideas in partnership with AWS.
The role will involve close collaboration with many internal teams, including IT
Service Desk,Client Platform Engineering and InfoSec. You’ll be providing strong technical input and support across a variety of programmes of work with a primary focus on delivering safe and secure cost effective IT infrastructure using latest known good technologies.
- Provide excellent customer service to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Support the IT operation by developing and administering the infrastructure that enables safe and effective intra and extra company communication
- Provide effective infrastructure support and systems administration, ensuring colleagues can work effectively
- Assist with the daily tasks in support of the infrastructure engineering team
- Take responsibility for medium/large projects
- Take ownership of incidents that have been escalated to the infrastructure team and see them through to resolution
- Contribute to the continual service improvement plan
- Generate reports on engineering and automation activity for the Global Infrastructure Service Manager
- Excellent attention to detail and proven diagnostic experience
- Superb customer service skills, communication skills and plenty of patience
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar infrastructure/automation role
- Strong experience and a deep technical understanding of AWS Cloud
Infrastructure is essential
- Extensive experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Demonstrable familiarity with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Bash or PowerShell
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Practical knowledge of IPv4 and associated network technology
- Experience in Okta or other SSO
- Demonstrable skills with programming/scripting languages
- Build/image and configure equipment and systems to business specifications
Bonus Points for the following:
Experience in JIRA Server or Cloud, Experience with centralised management tools/Endpoint management (e.g. Jamf Pro, Desktop Central, PDQ, MS InTune and Autopilot)
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.