- New York
- San Francisco
- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities, and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within “Corporate Functions”. The engine of Funding Circle - we keep the business running. Whatever the discipline, we turn dreams into reality and help small businesses to win.
What will you be doing?
This is a unique and exciting opportunity within the Legal team to structure, negotiate, execute and service transactions with institutional investors. Working closely with our Capital Markets team on a wide range of loan financing (forward flow, loan participation, and portfolio sales), warehouse financing, and securitization transactions. You will also have the scope to provide general legal support to the wider business together with the small US legal team including commercial contracts, new products, regulatory advice, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property, and data protection.
- 5+ years post qualification legal experience in structured finance, securitization, or loan/receivables finance from a top-rated law firm
- Good knowledge of regulatory issues relating to financing and securitization, including risk retention and disclosure obligations.
- Ability to think commercially and strategically in relation to legal and business issues and provide solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build consensus in a matrixed environment, ability to build trusting working relationships while maintaining independence.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including ability to advocate positions internally as well as with third parties.
- JD with active state bar admission.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that’s varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that’s built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base Salary range of $134,400 to $185,000 + bonus + equity + benefits