- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. With teams in London, San Francisco and Denver, we are fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Head of Collections to join our expanding Collections, Recoveries & Litigation function in London. You will be accountable for leading and owning all collections activities to ensure performance is optimised (e.g. cure & roll rates), investor returns are protected and governance processes are adhered to. As such you will be liable for driving and improving and operational performance across all late borrowers interaction points, as well as ensuring the teams’ consistently deliver the highest standards of customer service and satisfaction.
In addition you will take operational responsibility for collections growth, quality improvement and people management. In addition to driving a culture of continuous improvement by reviewing demand, understanding borrowers needs and delivering process improvements.
- The position reports to the UK Head of Collections, Recoveries & Litigation.
- You will have responsibility for managing all collection teams across the day 1 - 181+ delinquency cycles and for meeting weekly & monthly collection cure, roll rate and default goals.
- Lead and develop the collections team to deliver a best in class service by providing clear direction, regularly reviewing work outputs, setting improvement targets and appraising individual performance.
- Seek out and communicate opportunities to continuously improve, standardize and streamline the company’s collections processes.
- Ensure that the business delivers excellent services to its borrowers and investors by providing top performing service with focus on customer engagement and support i.e. always seek to deliver positive customer outcomes.
- Manages and maintains positive relations with both internal and external customers.
- Ensure that borrower needs and requirements are acted upon as a priority ensuring compliance with relevant bodies and best practice standards.
- Conduct team performance and compliance reviews.
- Ensure commercial viability of the function, providing the necessary management reports and ensuring the best possible commercial performance and investor returns.
- Strong operational leadership experience and people management including evidence of the ability to engage and motivate all types of people.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment - meeting and exceeding all regulatory and HR expectations.
- Proven track record of driving performance and delivering business results.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with borrowers and institutions.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and process improvement skills with experience of delivering change initiatives.
- Work ethic that exudes integrity, accountability, and professionalism.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octave – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.