- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking a top-performing, smart and motivated individual to join our Commercial team responsible for delivering growth across our borrower business.
You will report directly to the Director of Commerical and will work to coordinate the business and deliver growth against ambitious targets. You will be responsible for driving the tempo of the business through leading the weekly, monthly and quarterly management of activity and performance, executing growth projects by leading cross-functional teams across the business, and presenting your results to the highest level of the organization. The work is varied, with exposure across the entire business, and will involve collaborating closely with our Marketing, Sales, Analytics and Product teams.
- A leader: Think like an owner. Bring your creativity, vision, and people skills to work with you every day to help identify and solve challenges, large and small.
- A jack-of-all-trades: You’ll be expected to understand and work with all areas of the business, including operations, sales, marketing, product, data science, and more.
- A communicator: You’ll be expected to communicate with stakeholders throughout the business (and across geographies) at almost every level. You will use slide decks and presentation skills to tackle some of the company’s biggest issues.
- A data evangelist: You will be a leader in the push for consistent, high-quality, and data-driven decision-making throughout the company.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience preferably from a top tier consulting firm or high-growth tech company.
- 4+ years of work experience including 2+ years in strategy consulting or investment banking.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience leading and managing own modules of work.
- The ability to communicate insights from complex data analysis.
- The capacity to juggle multiple tasks and communicate with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- An approachable and firm demeanor with the ability to drive projects and complete initiatives while working with extremely busy stakeholders.
- Adaptability and willingness to roll up sleeves and get involved with all parts of the business.
- Demonstrable experience in driving incremental revenue and profits in a commercial environment.
- Top-rated people skills to lead teams without relying on direct reporting lines.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that’s varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that’s built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
The health and safety of Funding Circle employees is our top priority. Therefore, as a condition of employment, Funding Circle requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based new hires beginning October 1, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical or religious reasons consistent with applicable laws.