- Date Posted
- Nov. 1, 2021
- Product Engineering
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Product and Business teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing the product roadmap, understanding what small businesses will need in an ever-changing lending market and working with cross-functional teams to execute new lending products which delight borrowers and to help achieve our goals. You will lead an engineering team focussed on new product development and will build effective relationships across the UK business to support the mission you will be embarking on.
To do this you will:
- Create a compelling product roadmap, and lead teams to focus on the product goals.
- Understand customers, and know how to build product experiences that will help us to win.
- Manage delivery, ensure that teams remain focussed on building critical priorities.
- Make decisions on scope to deliver value in increments as quickly as possible.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, be the go-to person, enable fast decision-making.
You have experience in and enjoy the following:
- Focussing on the customer, solving how to best meet under-served needs.
- Bringing clarity and simplicity to complex and ambiguous environments.
- Excited about solving the technical challenges with large-scale financial systems.
- Working with agile engineering teams, understanding technical and data concepts they deal with.
- Owning product development through its lifecycle, particularly requirement and design phases.
Not essential, but it would be interesting if you’ve also had:
- Experience in, or genuine interest in finance and especially lending markets
- User-centred product design, knowledge of practices and disciplines
- Engineering or Computer Science degree, or relevant experience
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.