- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Product Engineering
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
At Funding Circle, Project Managers are central to enabling us to achieve our shared vision of building a better financial world. You will have the passion to collaborate with peers and stakeholders to achieve a common goal. Where others see problems you see opportunities and have the tenacity to make change happen. This role will work across different areas of the UK business managing our most business critical changes.
What you will be doing:
- Being accountable for the end-to-end planning and delivery of one or more complex projects.
- Planning, managing and creating transparency on the critical path to ensure projects are developed and delivered to a high quality and on time. Driving momentum and holding leadership and peers to account.
- Working at a fast pace with cross-functional teams to problem solve and work through trade offs. Identifying and anticipating barriers to achieving the desired outcomes and with structured-thinking and creativity removing these obstacles.
- Being an advocate for ensuring quality outcomes for our customers and internal users by challenging and supporting others.
- Working with experts across the business to identify and manage risks, providing transparency and recommendations to leadership.
- As required, engaging with external third parties (e.g. our vendors), holding them accountable and ensuring they deliver value for money.
- Playing a proactive key role in coordinating and managing project launches, responding quickly to understand problems and corrale others to implement fixes whilst providing visibility at leadership and working level.
- Adhering to Funding Circle’s internal change governance standards. Setting up and ensuring effective project governance, creating transparency and clearly documenting project decisions and outcomes.
- Building mutually beneficial relationships with senior stakeholders, peers and external stakeholders. Becoming a trusted advisor and someone who can make things happen.
- Leveraging a variety of project management tools such as project trackers and risk registers to deliver time bound project outcomes. As well as being able to bring frameworks and structure to problem solving.
- Effectively communicating using a variety of methods to deliver clear information to leadership, peers and external stakeholders.
It would be great if you:
- Will have a proven track record of managing complex, cross-functional business change projects.
- Are confident in managing a range of stakeholders, creating well functioning project teams.
- Thrive on working at a fast pace with motivated and highly experienced colleagues.
- Are not afraid to speak up and can concisely and accurately communicate complex situations and guide stakeholders to make decisions.
- Have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Enjoy problem solving and are tenacious in pursuing solutions.
- Have a willingness to learn and are open to feedback and continuous improvement.
- Are able to stay cool under pressure and keep focused on delivering outcomes.
- Are excited to be part of a high performing team and actively contribute to team culture.
- Ideally, have worked within a technology driven organisation either as an employee or as a consultant.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.