- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Product Management
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £11.4 billion in 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending supported 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
An experienced PR Manager, you will drive a full media relations programme that tells the story of Funding Circle’s innovation to power small businesses and the economy to key audiences. You’ll also sit in the fun and fast-paced Communications & Policy team.
What you will be doing:
- Driving a strategic media relations plan, resulting in a regular drumbeat of news in key media outlets.
- Spotting opportunities for the business to increase awareness and understanding journalists, and use creativity to generate tactical ideas that share our vision and message with the media.
- Managing the press office including outreach, sell-ins, launches, reactive enquiries and events planning.
- Working with the team to set messaging for core audiences that increases visibility and advances our position as the leading small business loan platform.
- Working closely with the Europe Managing Director and leadership team
It would be great if you are/have:
- Experienced at media relations and managing a press office - ideally within an agency or high growth company.
- Proficient at developing proactive and reactive communication strategies and drafting appropriate messaging, with strong attention to detail.
- Experienced at working with national business, technology and financial media.
- Able to work with senior stakeholders across the business to identify innovative and distinctive story ideas and place them in key media outlets.
- Excellent written skills, able to adapt your writing style for different audiences and channels.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills, with the ability to build trust with stakeholders and influence.
- Able to work quickly and under pressure in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and comfortable with matrix working.
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, or equivalent experience.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.