- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Product Management
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within “Corporate Functions”. The engine of Funding Circle - we keep the business running. Whatever the discipline, we turn dreams into reality and help small businesses to win.
What will you be doing?
This role is a perfect fit for a proven Copywriter who is ready to take a leap forward in their career. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and tenacious individual who is passionate about writing words that connect with people on an emotional level and get them to take action. This is an entrepreneurial role in a growing team and will report to the Integrated Marketing Manager, and partners with Channel owners to design, build, and execute campaigns. Funding Circle takes a team approach to hitting the growth goals of the organization.
- Create copy for advertising campaigns on both digital media (paid search / display / paid social) and offline media (direct mail / postcards), and work with channel owners to lower the customer acquisition cost.
- Build engaging customer journeys, nurture, and drip messaging campaigns through a variety of touchpoints including email, SMS/MMS, social, and a streamlined website conversion process that pulls customers into the funnel and keeps them engaged throughout with use case and persona-based storytelling.
- Ideate copy a/b test experiments to discover and learn more about user’s behavior on the website and in email. Always be testing the impact of headlines, subject lines, CTAs, and more.
- Take projects from initial concept to completion, managing every step of the process along the way.
- Develop compelling written and visual content aligned to business objectives and designed to elevate internal and external visibility of the Funding Circle brand across vertical and product categories.
- A natural storyteller with a passion for telling great, authentic stories that support business objectives.
- Passionate about direct response marketing utilizing good content, persuasion, and psychology.
- Able to recognize when to aim for perfection, and when it’s more important to make progress and move on.
- Someone with a test and learn mentality, and recognize that the only thing that matters is how the target audience responds to the copy you write.
- A problem solver: Makes things happen and works well with others to build constructive and effective relationships.
- Someone who seeks initiative: Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks.
- A fantastic writer and editor—samples of writing skills will be required and a writing and editing test will be part of the interviewing process.
- Someone with proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role. At least 1 year in an ownership role where you manage projects from start to finish, plus an additional 2-4 years acting in a support role in-house or with an agency.
- Thinking right now that you could have written this job description in a more creative, engaging way than we did.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that’s varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that’s built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base Salary range of $70,000 to $100,000 + annualy bonus + annual equity + benefits
The health and safety of Funding Circle employees is our top priority. Therefore, as a condition of employment, Funding Circle requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based new hires beginning October 1, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical or religious reasons consistent with applicable laws.