- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Investors had lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within what we call the “Funnel” team. They are the face of Funding Circle and work passionately to make sure small businesses have an incredible experience in getting the funding they need.
What will you be doing?
Our Direct Sales team has always been a cornerstone of our success story, and a great starting point to a challenging and rewarding career in B2B sales.
As an Account Executive in Direct Sales, you embody one of our most important selling points: personal support of our customers. Every single day, you will speak to diverse SME business owners about their goals and how a Funding Circle loan can help - think, quirky gift shops and local cafes to trusted autobody shops and friendly accountants.
- Supporting UK SME businesses with their applications for a Funding Circle business loan - you will be speaking with small business owners and support them with the sales process from the first point of interaction.
- You will be working with 100% warm leads (generated through direct marketing and our database) and is designed so that you learn about all aspects of our sales processes, from business development to account management!
- Responsible for your target & managing your high-volume, fast-paced ‘pipeline’; constantly speaking with borrowers and supporting them to achieve their goal, whilst providing a great service
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone and email, cultivating successful relationships
- Your ‘sales pipeline’ will be high-volume and fast paced; constantly engaging with borrowers and working closely across the sales team to close deals
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your monthly targets
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Keen to progress your sales career and learn about different aspects of our sales progresses
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- 6-12+ months experience in a phone based role (preferably sales)
- An interest in FinTech and empowering small businesses
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a 6 months+ in sales and looking to push your career
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.