- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Who are we?
We want to help small business win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent $13.1 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within what we call the “Funnel” team. They are the face of Funding Circle and work passionately to make sure small businesses have an incredible experience in getting the funding they need.
What will you be doing?
The Borrower Sales Team is seeking an experienced, hard-working, and motivated Account Manager to build relationships with small business owners by guiding them through our entire application and funding process. Each member of this team is passionate about small businesses, entrepreneurship, and building a better financial world. This is a sales position that carries the responsibility of handling inquiries from small business borrowers through multiple sales channels. You will be interacting with hundreds of small business owners on a weekly basis, speaking to them about their business operations, why they need financing, and how a Funding Circle loan can help them achieve their goals.
- Communication with small business owners: Speak with small business owners by phone and email to explain the benefits of working with Funding Circle compared to other financing sources (both traditional and alternative).
- Assist with the application process: Correspond with small business applicants and help them through the application process with the aim of ultimately empowering them with a Funding Circle loan.
- Prequalify small businesses: Assess small business financial statements (e.g. Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Debt Schedules) to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the specific business and determine whether it is a fit for a Funding Circle loan.
- Collaborate: Work closely with our Credit Team to understand the intricacies of each application and the ultimate decision that you will need to effectively communicate back to the small business owner and close the loan. Your monthly quota will center around total dollars originated each month.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in similar sales role
- Strong interest in financial technology sector and the growing online lending space
- Outgoing, high-energy, and enjoy talking with people (role is heavily phone-based)
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment
- Basic understanding of small business financial statements, and/or experience with small business products/services, commercial lending, or technology
- Closing experience preferred. Bonus points for previous work experience in Fintech sales
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base Salary of $45,000 + commission + equity + benefits