- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending supported 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the technology team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
Day to Day, this role will include:
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross functional team
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Using Ruby, Ruby on Rails, AWS
- Supporting our production systems
- Building out our US platform from here in the UK and creating great user experiences for our customers.
- Experienced in at least one major Programming language (We use Ruby, some Python and an even smaller amount of Clojure).
- A senior who is able to lead and influence architectural decisions whilst mentoring and up-skilling more junior members of the team
- Experienced in working with a product team as well as wider stakeholders to build a deep understanding within the domain
- Experienced working with distributed systems
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.