- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
Funding Circle is excited to launch its very own Career Comeback opportunity! The purpose of this is to support talented professionals in re-joining the workplace after an extended career break.
Are you in search of some guidance, support, and knowledge to really help you go further?
Funding Circle is here to offer that, and help you regain traction within the workplace. We believe everyone is made to do more, and that’s why we are launching this scheme across different areas of our business.
You are a good fit for our opportunity if you:
- Have been on a career break for approximately 6 months to 2 years
- Would like to return to work on a full-time basis
- You are a good fit with our values (Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure, Make It Happen, Think Smart)
- You have past experience and skills that match the opportunity you are applying for
- Can provide evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD, and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
Here is a bit about the role:
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross-functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Building great user experiences for customers
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Using Clojure, Kafka, React and Ruby currently and built entirely on AWS
- This role requires someone who has;
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD, and CI/CD
- An interest or experience in any of Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
In addition, you will receive:
- An opportunity to join a first-class team on a full-time basis from day one!
- A buddy to help navigate your way in and around Funding Circle.
- Real-time on the job training across our tech stack and products. We care about your development as you rise through your career at FC!
- Eligibility to our full compensation and benefits program just like all of our full-time employees - you are one of us!
- A great working atmosphere with lots of opportunities to bond with colleagues at regular social and volunteering events.
- Flat hierarchies and a strong team spirit - our talented, diverse team values passion and drive above hierarchies and loves to celebrate success.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.