- South America
- North America
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
Build a culture that’s changing the face of the web.
Gatsby began a few years ago as a wildly popular open-source project that helped developers build lightning-fast websites. Just this year, we launched our Cloud offering and already have signed awesome companies like New Relic, Doordash, and Ripple. We have incredible momentum heading towards 2022 and are excited to be at the cutting edge of the web.
As a remote-first, community-focused team, Gatsby’s core values include:
- Prioritize the customer
- Expect excellence, have empathy
- Take ownership
- Grow through inclusivity
- Collaborate by default
Why we’re hiring
Gatsby went from 0-60 in just the last few years and now we’re ready to grow even more. Because our company is a developer tool, we’ll need someone who is able to dig into the weeds with candidates - many of whom are engineers. Our ideal candidate is someone who is able to talk through high-level engineering concepts, be a partner to our managers, and foster a talented pool of candidates from around the world.
Why this is interesting
Because we’re rapidly developing our product and growing our team, some people say Gatsby is almost a different company every 6 months. This means you’ll always be learning a ton. You’ll get to continually iterate on the process, experiment, shape the company culture, advocate for candidates, and likely have way too much fun.
- Team up with hiring managers to create and iterate processes that are fair and allow every candidate to put their best foot forward. We’ve found that our straightforward approach helps us close and retain high caliber teammates.
- Build a network of potential candidates. You’ll source extensively (we use Gem/LinkedIn), leverage job boards that focus on connecting with URMs in tech, and keep in touch with talented people who didn’t get the first job they applied for at Gatsby, but may be the perfect candidate for a future role.
- Continuously iterate the recruiting process so Gatsby has the best candidate experience people have ever been through. Yes, we’re really going for this.
- Previous technical recruiting experience with a track record of recruiting and scaling high-performing organizations. While you won’t only be recruiting for technical roles, about half of our current employees are engineers.
- Highly collaborative, with a proven track record of partnering with hiring managers to understand the needs of their organization and identify those who can best support it.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness.
- Understanding of the importance and benefits of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Ability to be a literal wizard when it comes to maintaining an ATS (we use Greenhouse).
- Even-keeled. There will be a lot of balls in the air, and while you won’t be juggling them, you’ll need to juggle all sorts of other things. Essentially you embody this meme.
The best parts of this job
- Every team prioritizes hiring at Gatsby. Interviewers submit their interview feedback on the same day they interview a candidate. Hiring managers are responsible for scoping roles, writing high-quality JDs, planning interview purposes, etc. You will have true partners in every process.
- The People & Operations team is very high-performing. We all trust each other to do amazing work and are each other’s best advocates. We like each other a lot.
- You will get to shape the culture of Gatsby by having a huge influence on the folks who join us. If you want to have an impact, this is the place for you.
- Gatsby pays well, hires remotely, has great benefits, makes a compelling product, and has lots of nice and smart people. All of these things give us a leg up when recruiting.
- Gatsby is a fully distributed company, so you’ll recruit talent from all over the world. This privilege allows for a product and culture strengthened by the different backgrounds & perspectives of our teammates.
The worst parts of this job
- Things at Gatsby move fast. You will need to switch directions frequently and roll with the punches. If you like being comfortable and don’t like surprises, this will not be your happy place.
- We are a lean team and there isn’t a ton of redundancy, so you will have to wear all sorts of hats.
- Things don’t ever seem to slow down. You’ll get excited we only have a couple of roles open and then BOOM, five more pop up.
Details of the role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: Fully remote (preference for North or South America)
- Salary Range: This is contingent on your level and location (it’s more than okay to ask - we can pull an estimate for you)!
Benefits and perks
- Unlimited vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days paid vacation time
- Amazing health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family (US only)
- 3 months of paid parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement
- Stock options in a fast-growing startup
- $3,000 USD per year Learning & Development stipend (yours to dedicate towards any learning opportunities like books, courses, etc)
- We are distributed first, and always will be, so skip the commute
- Set up costs for a home office OR coworking/private office reimbursement
- New laptop of your choice
- WiFi and cell phone reimbursement
- Fly to cool locations for company-wide meetups (once it’s safe to travel again!)
Equal opportunity statement
Gatsby is an equal opportunity employer and we acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We commit ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse heritages and experiences, and seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Gatsby does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Gatsby.