- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Product Management
You may know Gatsby, a wildly popular open-source project that has over 50k GitHub stars and a thriving community of more than 3,000 contributors. Beyond open source, we’re also a newly commercializing business, one that helps professional developers build blazing-fast apps and websites without needing to become a performance expert.
As a remote-first, community-focused team, Gatsby’s core values include:
- Prioritize the customer
- Expect excellence, have empathy
- Take ownership
- Grow through inclusivity
- Collaborate by default
Details of the role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: Remote (preference for UTC-8 to UTC+4)
Why we’re hiring
Gatsby is looking to expand its Product Marketing function and continue to tell the story of a faster, safer, and better web.
Why this is interesting
If you are a technical story teller - the one that’s always describing the latest innovation at the dinner table, then this is the role for you. You’ll have the opportunity to message, position, and launch some of the most innovative features and products on the web. This is a startup environment, so things move fast and often change - so expect those launches to happen weekly rather than quarterly!
- Collaborating with product management to develop effective positioning, messaging, content, and go-to-market strategies for our open source community
- Conducting customer research in collaboration with product management to inform GTM strategies.
- Producing helpful, intuitive content for customers — such as guides, live trainings, video scripts, concierge tools, and best practice articles.
- Assisting with strategic initiatives and programs to drive new customer adoption and help existing customers get more value out of our software.
- Owning the product launch process in partnership with product management making sure stakeholders, both internal and external, understand the value our products are providing.
- Working closely with the marketing team to guide the campaign strategy and act as subject matter expert.
- Providing competitive analysis focused on the frontend framework market to unseat specific competitors.
- 2+ years of product marketing experience preferably in high tech, open source, marketing technology, or related space.
- Hands-on capability to create a range of marketing assets, including succinct slide pitch-decks, eBooks, videos, and event/webinar content.
- Exceptional organizational skills to define and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution.
- Proven track record of speaking in front of and influencing internal, external, and global audiences.
- Proven track record of crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
- Excellent writing ability, including the ability to communicate technical concepts.
- Experience working with direct distribution (sales) teams and channel partners.
- Loves a fast-moving space and pace with a team that works hard and has fun.
The best parts of this job
You’ll work alongside a world-class engineering team and open source community. As a Product Marketer you’ll be on the cutting edge of a market with massive potential.
The worst parts of this job
You’ll likely have to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty in git a few times a week.
Benefits and perks
- Unlimited vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days paid vacation time
- Amazing health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family (US only)
- 3 months of paid parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement
- Stock options in a fast-growing startup
- We’re remote first, so skip the commute
- Set up costs for a home office OR co-working/private office reimbursement
- New laptop of your choice
- Wifi and cell phone reimbursement
- Fly to cool locations 3x/year for company-wide meetups
Equal opportunity statement
Gatsby is an equal opportunity employer and we acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We commit ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse heritages and experiences, and seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Gatsby does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Gatsby.