- New York
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Business Applications
GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an experienced Director of DevOps to run our DevOps team and to help bring our infrastructure and operational practices to the next level.As the Director of DevOps you will work alongside our development, data science and security teams to define the future of our infrastructure, security, and monitoring practices, helping create our vision for the product. You will be a full time manager who provides engineering expertise and guidance to your team and the company.You will join the stellar Geophy Engineering team, where you will be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world and all the room you need to learn and grow.
The impact you will have
- Create world class infrastructure by facilitating discussion and decisions, and ensuring that standards meet company and project goals and requirements as well as industry best practices
- Simplify and standardize systems to allow us to continuously release new features while ensuring the stability of our existing systems
- Educate and evangelize solutions and standards across the Engineering organization
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies to determine if and when they should be considered for deployment
- Provide security guidance and standards that the rest of the company can follow
- Enrich engineers’ job satisfaction through involvement and refinement of all aspects of the company: recruitment, onboarding, day-to-day working modus, appraisal and career growth planning
- Shield the team from context switching within their work, allowing them to focus on delivering value
- Exemplify GeoPhy values and way of working, driving ownership and accountability within the teams
What we look for
- 2 or more years experience building and leading teams
- 8 or more years of SRE/DevOps related experience (e.g. infrastructure operations + CICD)
- Strong knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Strong understanding of CICD including systems and processes
- Familiarity with information security certifications and audits
- A data and metric driven approach to decision making
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and driving Engineering strategy
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
Bonus points for
- Experience in both small and large scale applications
- Experience in real-estate domain
- If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
- GeoPhy is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against characteristics (including but not limited to; gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.) We want everyone working at GeoPhy to treat others with respect and professionalism.
- Please note: Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visa’s in the US at this point in time.