- The Hague, NL
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
As an Engineering Manager you will be leading the engineering capacity of one of our product lines. The teams are made up of a diverse group of data, software and quality assurance engineers of varied seniority levels. You will achieve success through empowering and unblocking the team members, driving growth and satisfaction across multiple agile teams. You will collaborate together with lead engineers, product owners and other engineering managers to drive technology and cultural changes throughout the organization.
By fostering a focussed environment with a clear technical vision, and servant leadership mindset, you build and maintain high performing software development teams.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Delivering product features coordinating across data pipeline, API and web application development teams.
- Developing and empowering technical leaders and engineers in their journey towards technical mastery.
- Providing the technical “North Star” for the teams and create a structured roadmap on how to get there.
- Enriching engineers’ job satisfaction through involvement and refinement of all aspects of engineers’ experience within the company: recruitment, onboarding, day-to-day working modus, appraisal and career growth planning.
- Providing a transparent reporting line on progress to both team members and stakeholders, removing surprises in delivery cycles.
- Enforcing quality of execution within engineering, defining and adhering to best practices, KPIs and SLAs.
- Shielding the team from context switching within their work, allowing them to focus on delivering value.
- Acting as a role model regarding GeoPhy values and way of working, driving ownership and accountability within the teams.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in building and leading multiple teams of engineers with 12 – 15 direct reports.
- Experience with recruiting and coaching skilled engineers, ability to up-level existing team by growing leaders and helping struggling members.
- Experience in shaping products from conception through to delivery at scale.
- Natural leadership and communicative qualities; ability to form teams greater than the sum of their parts.
- Broad knowledge of Agile methodologies and their applications.
- Experience of driving, succeeding (and sometimes failing) with strategic technical initiatives.
- Comfort in working cross-functionally with product management, data science and go-to market teams.
- Deep understanding of how the web works from request to response.
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in Computer Science, Math or related technical field.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
Bonus points for
- Experience leading in both small and large organizations.
- Experience in the PropTech domain.
- If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!a