- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking Senior Art Director to join the Glossier Creative team. The role will work collaboratively with the wider creative org and cross-functional teams to help concept impactful big ideas across multiple channels and platforms, and will help create compelling brand moments and storytelling assets for performance marketing initiatives across all our paid and owned channels.
The ideal candidate is proactive, highly creative and highly executional in their approach to art direction. Additionally, they are skilled in graphic design, versed in typography, and able to articulate a clear perspective on photographic direction and casting. They should have broad cultural and creative references, and be aware of industry innovations and trends. Most importantly they should be a great problem-solver and flexible to adapt to the ever-evolving timelines and deliverables.
Day to day responsibilities include overseeing and mentoring mid level and junior art direction team members, high level concept ideation, the creation of shot lists, talent briefs, asset share documents, mood boards for partnered content, retouching notes, capturing imagery, evergreen content planning, on-set execution and oversight of post production processes through delivery.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a range of content -- from building and refining Glossier’s brand voice and messaging, retail/experiential production, to product and packaging design for each of our products.
Six Month Expectations
- Gains a better understanding of the Glossier world, how to naturally evolve it and acts as true brand guardian
- Supports development of our always on strategy, campaign creative and core brand identity in partnership with the design team
- Develops and presents thoughtful and impactful creative concepts to creative and cross functional leadership
- Works with the ECD and wider creative team to identify exciting potential creative collaborators and partners across all disciplines
- Partners with the talent team to art direct and guide external content partners to create compelling content for use on all Glossier channels
Twelve Month Expectations
- Sets an example of creative excellence across the industry
- Becomes an integral partner to cross functional teams and senior leadership
- Under direction from the ECD, leads and supports the development of mid level and junior art directors
- Creates surprising creative that pushes the brand forward
- Contributes to organizational learnings and process improvement
- Works closely with Director of Creative Ops to optimize creative org and output and facilitate implementation and constant improvement of processes
- 6+ years experience with preference of both in house and agency (not required)
- Strategic and thoughtful in their approach to creative concepts and product launches
- Proactive in reaching out to cross functional team members to problem solve and keep projects moving forward
- Experience in editorial environments
- Comfortable navigating Adobe Creative Suite, Basic understanding of Figma a plus
- Has the ability to multitask and take on multiple projects
- Not precious about their work and takes feedback well
- Team player with a positive attitude and passion for the work they do
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Photoshoot experience a plus
- Solid understanding of media / channel strategy and how to translate data into best in class creative work
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.