- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Design & UI
Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique, innovative, and engaging digital and offline experiences to fuel our growth. We leverage the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation and commerce on the internet. As the Head of Design & User Experience, you will lead a team of Product Designers and UX Researchers to build innovative digital products that our customers love.
This role reports to Glossier’s Chief Technology Officer. As the Design leader within the Technology organization, you will work with your peers across Product Management, Creative, Data, and Engineering to envision the future CX for Glossier, influence product strategy and lead your team to design magical experiences for Glossier customers.
- You will partner with product management to define the vision and North Star for Glossier digital customer experience across web, mobile and in-store.
- You will partner with your cross- functional peers to inform the digital product roadmap, and drive cohesion of design and research deliverables across e-commerce, Retail, Growth, Community, and Brand Initiatives.
- You will hire and develop a highly talented team of product designers and user experience researchers. You’ll provide mentorship and champion the craft and career development of your team, while creating a safe haven so designers and researchers can accomplish their best work.
- You will provide guidance of the team’s output, facilitating cross-functional partnerships and the design process. You will promote an outstanding design practice, influence product strategy, and ensure exceptional execution.
- You will build relationships with cross-functional team members and executives across organizations —where you will navigate dependencies, align on priorities, and shape goals; while representing the customer and what’s best for the community.
- 10+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, including 4+ years in people management
- A diverse portfolio of work personally designed and shipped, along with examples of work directed and delivered by your team that demonstrates cutting-edge digital work, a deep understanding of customer needs and unique approaches to problem solving
- Experience in building 0 to 1 products and setting the vision & strategy for next generation digital experiences.
- Experience managing product designers and UX researchers with the ability to build, mentor, and motivate teams
- Experience synthesizing company-level goals to help teams across multiple products to create remarkable customer experiences
- Strong systems thinking, and the ability to understand complex feature and marketplace dynamics
- Experience leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and responsive/mobile web
- Strong communication and storytelling skills, experienced influencer, and advocate for the customer
- Have the ability to be flexible and manage priorities in a high-productivity environment with tight deadlines
- Experience recruiting and hiring top talent, as well as cultivating talent and growing diverse teams
- Have a passion for thoughtful and creative design
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience.