- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Design & UI
Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique, innovative, and engaging digital and offline experiences to fuel our growth. We leverage the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation and commerce on the internet.
As a UX Researcher at Glossier, you will be driving the research and analysis on Glossier digital experiences to understand complex user needs and identify actionable user-centered insights. You will be a voice and advocate for our e-commerce user community, empathizing with and thoroughly understanding their goals, desires, and preferences. You will help shape the future of how Glossier delivers delightful, innovative, meaningful, user-centric e-commerce experiences, transforming the way people think about and shop for beauty.
As a UX Researcher at Glossier, your responsibilities are to:
- Define, plan, and execute user research activities including but not limited to generative work (e.g., interviews, field studies, ethnography), evaluative work (e.g., usability studies, concept evaluations, benchmarking, heuristic evaluations), to summative or validation research.
- Organize collected data into a crisp narrative, utilizing presentation and storytelling skills to effectively communicate research insights, ideas, and recommendations to inform design decisions and enhance Glossier’s understanding of user needs; actively work with the team to turn insights into actionable requirements.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with design, product, engineering, insights partners, and project leads to bring data driven, customer-centric insights to inform product strategy, drive project direction, clarify scope, identify opportunities, and refine solutions, with a customer-centric view.
Six Month Expectations
- Commit your time to familiarizing yourself with Glossier’s research processes and partners
- Become familiar with Glossier’s brand, culture, values and existing design and development workflows
- Build relationships with partners as a dedicated research and work together to uncover & solve specific user problem while creating new, delightful experiences
- Be proactive in learning and asking questions as you take ownership over a specific project and area with clearly defined goals
- Support your e-commerce team through planning, prioritizing and executing research for your respective area
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Uncover opportunities to conduct research to better understand our end user
- Work with the team to help build deeper understanding of Glossier’s users and customers
- Partner with other insights functions to triangulate and build a 360 degree picture of our user’s experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ motivations and contribute to a deep understanding of our customers’ motivations and contribute to a repository of research-based knowledge
- Work with the team and partners to learn and refine UX workflows with designers and other team members
- Present research findings to the broader team to facilitate user-centric thinking throughout the organization
- Act as an advocate for the user throughout project lifecycles
- Manage your own timelines and priorities (with the help of your manager) to meet tight deadlines in an agile environment
- 3+ years as a UX Researcher working on digital experiences, experience planning, designing, and conducting qualitative user research, moderating sessions, analyzing and synthesizing the data, and communicating insights via a final deliverable
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or a related field
- In-depth knowledge and experience with a variety of qualitative UX research methods and tools, including remote testing tools (UserTesting
- Experience moderating in-person and remote research sessions
- Experience with presentation tools (Google Slides)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong listening, analytic abilities, and organizational skills
- A deep understanding of user-centric design and a desire to empathize with and champion the Glossier user community
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.