- New York
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will lead execution of our stellar packaging components in support of our company’s growing product portfolio, on going innovation and attention to manufacturing quality. You will work closely with component suppliers, 3rd party manufacturing and internal teams - Product Development, Sourcing and Quality - to ensure we’re bringing the best customer experiences to life. You must be detail-oriented with a focus on quality and process efficiency, and passionate about executing new and innovative packaging solutions.
- Manage projects to ensure launch timing, testing, product quality, and design integrity are on time and within agreed upon cost objectives.
- Creation, execution and evaluation of test plans based on packaging and formula considerations
- Publish manufacturing assembly instructions and lead line trial efforts to ensure line operators and management teams have clear understanding of production requirements
- Reporting of program risk assessment based on timing, cost and quality
- Coordination and testing of root cause failure analysis and corrective action.
- Manage projects across multiple internal and external teams, ensuring collaborative and optimized solutions.
- Set standards for assessing the quality of packaging materials
- Advance vendor base for both packaging components and finished good production processes with qualifications of new vendors.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in cosmetics or consumer goods manufacturing
- Knowledge of packaging component manufacturing and finished good filling processes
- Ability to predict, recognize and define problems, and generate, select and implement timely solutions
- Experience in sustainable packaging initiatives
- Detailed knowledge of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging types.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple complex projects in tandem.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Process improvement experience
- Six Sigma experience preferred
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.