- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
Glossier’s mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
We are looking for a driven, organized and experienced Planning Manager who is motivated by a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to drive business growth. The Planning Manager is responsible for analyzing, identifying and communicating sales and inventory risks & opportunities across the beauty portfolio. In addition, the Planning Manager will be expected to meaningfully contribute to broader strategic and resource planning conversations across the company. This role requires a high level of problem solving skills, and the ability to multitask in a rapidly changing business environment is key.
Six Month Expectations
- Responsible for global demand forecasting & inventory management of existing portfolio and future launches of Makeup
- Drive category growth strategy, constantly striving to improve forecast accuracy & inventory turn while minimizing risk of stock outs and/or excess inventory
- Develop & build pre-season category plans, and present to company leadership in monthly forecast review in collaboration with Sales & Finance
- Report on weekly and monthly sales trends with emphasis on performance drivers and slow sellers. Deliver insights on SKU level performance and provide recommendations for merchandising and marketing initiatives
- Effectively partner with cross-functional operations teams to improve strategic buying strategies
- Become familiar with Glossier’s brand, culture, values, and existing business processes
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Planning SME for global expansion initiatives at Glossier, establishing best in class processes for global inventory optimization to maximize receipt flow efficiency and support expansion efforts
- Develop automated reports and tools to improve our ability to control inventory flows and versioning in a scalable way
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve forecasting & reporting processes and methodologies
- Initiate conversations with partners regarding potential risks or opportunities, and suggest changes to drive towards business success
- Contribute to Glossier’s success through sponsorship of positive partnerships with teams across the organization
- Passionate about Glosser’s mission and ready to embrace our values of being inclusive, devoted to the customer, curious, courageous, and discerning
- 4+ years experience in the D2C and/or retail space in Planning, Buying and/or Strategic Finance
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems; experience working with statistical models a plus
- Enjoys the challenge of building new business models to support company wide initiatives from the ground up
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, modeling and critical thinking skills
- Prior experience as a manager preferred
- Strong and persuasive communication skills with the ability to create clarity while building and maintaining effective relationships
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.