- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. With our stores, we’re creating an entirely new kind of beauty retail experience. Customers don’t visit Glossier to be taught by an “expert” or simply to transact—they come to immerse themselves in our brand, explore our curated portfolio of products, and gather and connect with others.
As the Retail Training Manager, it’s your job to lead, inspire, and develop best-in-class onboarding and ongoing training for Editors so they can curate inspiring and exceptional customer experiences.
We are looking for a Retail Training Manager who will bring innovative ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit to our newly reopened retail spaces. In this newly created position, reporting to the Senior Manager of Training you will be responsible for developing the expertise of our retail Editors through the deployment of training plans which emphasize product knowledge and curating magical customer experiences.
We are seeking a creative teacher and leader to design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance performance, and recognize development opportunities for our retail employees. To be successful in this role you will need to both see the big picture and execute rapidly. You should have a strong understanding of both the art and science of training, working closely with our Retail Ops and People teams.
You must be inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted to the customer.
Six Month Expectations
- Develop and deliver differentiated in-person and virtual training content that fosters continuous learning and emphasizes magical customer experiences.
- Develop and oversee management of associate onboarding programs, training modules, and ongoing leadership development for retail Editors.
- Deploy a systematic approach to training retail editors with modules, quizzes, tracking and video content that results in consistency across all stores through the LMS system.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Drive and support strategy, priorities and roadmap for product and experience training to support Glossier’s Guest Experience vision and drive overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with Retail Ops and People teams on a regular basis to proactively highlight Editor training needs, stay abreast of recommendations for improvement, and calibrate training strategies.
- 5+ years of customer service or hospitality experience, facilitating training and curating content in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in training highly capable, diverse teams and investing deeply in the development of managers and team members.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Experience in promoting a customer centered culture, fostering an engaging, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to employ outstanding communication practices (written/verbal) that are clear, structured, and promote transparency, accountability, and understanding of performance and business expectations.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire teams, maintaining high levels of engagement
- Passion for building exceptional, detail-oriented, customer and employee experiences.
- Ability to analyze customer-related data and draw conclusions leading to improvements across tools.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends when required.
- Experience in a scaling/start-up environment and testing new experiential concepts in a customer-facing environment.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, PowerPoint and Keynote
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.