- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Product Management
The Digital Production Designer, reporting to the Senior Manager, Production Design on the creative team, is responsible for producing pixel-perfect digital collateral and technical mechanicals, based on pre-defined visual language guides, across various channels. Collateral will support both multi-channel product launch campaigns and the “always-on” Glossier Content Studio, a centralized group of multi-disciplinary creative talent who translate brand vision, strategy, and storytelling into culturally relevant assets for conversion and performance marketing, including video, email promotions, and social (paid/organic) at Glossier campaign-level standards of quality.
Our ideal candidate understands design and type hierarchies with pixel-perfect execution, is comfortable working with precise technical specifications regarding image usage, creative dimensions, media and file formats, file sizes, and copy styling. They are responsible for maintaining strict specifications for file naming conventions and file organization.
Six Month Expectations
- Responsible for versioning a variety of digital, print, and video collateral across various channels:
- Mechanicals for digital marketing promotional materials such as emails, banners and paid social performance assets (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Snapchat, Twitter, etc).
- Print-ready mechanicals for publication print advertising (magazines, newspaper), print collateral, OOH / large format units, specialty print items.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with art directors, marketing managers, production managers, and vendors to develop and troubleshoot layout to mechanical execution process.
- Problem-solve and think fast on your feet to deliver quick turnaround when required (often in 24 hours or less), ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in weekly status meetings
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Update and create new production design templates in Figma and Adobe Illustrator as needed.
- Keep all team members up-to-date on any new templates or guidelines.
- Advise other creatives on limitations/best practices for each type of produced asset.
- Act as local guardian of brand guidelines
- Liaison w/ external agencies + affiliate partners to create “custom execution” assets, for example landing pages for Pinterest
- Streamline and develop workflows for the production design team to better work with other members of the creative team, and cross-functionally.
- Advanced computer application competency, specifically Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Keynote, and Project management software.
- Strong sense of typography, image, and visual hierarchy.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative in a changing environment.
- Strong understanding of digital and print file handling.
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Experience with color proofing, and fine print / exhibition quality digital printing.
- Thorough understanding of print and digital mechanical specifications, ad material specs, color profiles and color CMYK & RGB color workflows.
- Fastidious attention to detail, quality.
- Motion Graphics/ experience with Adobe Premiere and After Effects a plus.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.