- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
- Product Management
Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning.
Our store teams operate in environments fueled by our people-first employee experience philosophy rooted in authenticity, integrity, inclusion, equity, and empathy. As a customer-facing Editor (front of house or FOH), it is your job to bring the Glossier magic to life with every customer that comes into our retail environments and interacts with our brand. Driven by an authentic desire to collaborate and engage with others, you will inspire and create exceptional experiences for our customers as they discover and deepen their connection with Glossier throughout their visit and beyond. As an avid team player, you will collaborate with all members of the store team to ensure every customer touch point throughout their experience is cohesive and seamless. Known for being optimistic and able to find joy with every day interactions, you will help set the tone for the overall culture within the store team— joy is our language! Editors will be part of a team of impassioned storytellers, driven by curiosity and the power of the Glossier community, reimagining the future of beauty one experience at a time.
Not new to the Glossier team? We welcome your application! Many of our Corporate Retail team members have joined within the last year and we would love to hear from you to get to know you (or get reacquainted). Please submit your candidacy for consideration!
As part of the store’s customer-facing team, you will be fully immersed in every aspect of our customers’ journeys as they visit our stores. Therefore, as a front of house Editor you will be trained in all aspects of the store operation, including behind the scenes or back of house operations. You will assist with coverage (when needed) and will be equipped to work in both environments, front and back of house. Having a holistic understanding of the customer journey, from start to finish, will strengthen our team’s abilities when assisting customers with any and all inquiries - with leadership guidance, mentorship, and support. Performance expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Model and coach Glossier’s customer experience principles, ensuring consistently memorable and inspiring experiences.
- Embody our core values of Devoted to the Customer, Inclusive, Courageous, Curious, and Discerning in everything you do.
- Fully embrace and personify our people-first philosophy every day, with co-workers and customers alike.
- Follow our Code of Conduct, always demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, respect, and inclusion.
- Become an expert on the entire portfolio of products, with an active working knowledge on product basics, key benefits, application, formula, customer recommendations, and care.
- Thoughtfully participate and complete all assigned training modules by noted deadlines, both in-person and digital (e.g., product knowledge, service excellence, operations, HR-driven modules, and more).
- Develop and nurture relationships with repeat customers, frequently engaging them pre and post visits (communication on promotional events, follow-up on purchases, just checking in!).
- Master all of our customer service expectations, following our training fundamentals, becoming an exemplary Editor and advisor to new team members.
- Monitor customer feedback, working with your store’s leadership team, to share information with key stakeholders accordingly.
- Become a brand ambassador, fully versed in all aspects of the Glossier brand and experience!
- Operate with optimism and joy— having fun is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
- Cross-train with fellow Editors (back of house operations) to become fully versed in all areas of the store operation.
- Be a safety champion for all! Safely completing all work responsibilities and ensuring the work environment is free of safety hazards, immediately reporting any concerns to management when applicable.
- Outstanding collaborator, able to partner with all members of the leadership and store team in the fulfillment of special projects and/or assignments.
- Serve as a product guru and an added resource for product demonstrations (especially for new hires, cross-training team members, or new product launches), in partnership with store leadership.
- Participate in company initiatives, customer programs, and trainings to gain thorough understanding and expertise in the customer journey - beginning to end.
- Serve as coverage for back of house operations when business warrants it, as assigned by management.
- Strict adherence to safety standards (COVID-19) as defined by the store leadership team in accordance with CDC, federal, and state guidelines.
- Understand and fulfill operational expectations as they relate to pre-store opening duties, assigned side-work, store recovery after closing, and zone-specific responsibilities.
- Restock, replenish, and refresh product displays in accordance with visual standards.
- Uphold all uniform standards, closely following presentation guidelines.
- Be informed on and dutifully follow store processes as established by management (e.g., scheduling processes, standards of store operation, inventory logistics, etc.).
- Become an expert in all operational procedures of the store, both front and back of house, with a focus on providing support to newly hired team members.
- Active participant in visual projects (e.g., new display activations, floor moves, product launches, brand events, etc.).
- Observe strict confidentiality, particularly as it pertains to handling sensitive information (such as credit card data, customer information).
- Skillful multitasker, able to accommodate multiple customer requests at a time without compromising service standards of excellence.
- Assist with the store’s inventory, to be conducted semi-annually, making sure our inventory counts are accurate, expeditious, and thorough.
- Passion for creating memorable experiences through meaningful personal interactions.
- A true collaborator in nature, driven by the power of teamwork, who thrives in group settings.
- Positive, willing to learn and grow, and motivated to perform in fast-paced environments.
- Highly adaptable with an impeccable ability to multitask.
- Patient, open-minded, and can troubleshoot with ease.
- An advocate for all members of our community, promoting inclusion and belonging always.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy and understanding while still driving action.
- Passion for building exceptional, detailed-oriented, customer and employee experiences.
- Desire and willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump in when the situation requires it.
- Passion for beauty as a conduit for connection and personal narrative; excitement for creating environments and experiences that celebrate everyone’s unique beauty journey.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, climb ladders, use stairs, reach, pull and lift weights of usually 5-30 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays required.
- Prior experience with POS (point of sale) systems a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced retail or hospitality environment a plus.
Founded in 2014, Glossier is a digital-first, growth-stage beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We build products and experiences inspired by our community, and are reimagining the beauty shopping experience with a people-first approach to discovery, both online and offline.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.