- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
- Product Management
Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning.
Our store teams operate in environments fueled by our people-first employee experience philosophy rooted in authenticity, integrity, inclusion, equity, and empathy. As an Editor in our back of house operations (BOH), it is your job to ensure the customer experience lives through with our product, its presentation, packaging, and care. Driven by an authentic desire to collaborate and engage with others, you will inspire and create exceptional experiences for our customers as they discover and deepen their connection with our brand through our products - whether in-store, picking up an online order, or processing a return or exchange. Editors who work back of house operations are a critical part of the customer experience as their responsibilities directly bring the Glossier magic to life, in a more tangible manner. As an avid team player, you will collaborate with all members of the store team to ensure every customer touch point throughout their experience is cohesive and seamless. Known for being optimistic and able to find joy with every day interactions, you will help set the tone for the overall culture within the store team - joy is our language! Editors will be part of a team of impassioned storytellers, driven by curiosity and the power of the Glossier community, reimagining the future of beauty one experience at a time.
Not new to the Glossier team? We welcome your application! Many of our Corporate Retail team members have joined within the last year and we would love to hear from you to get to know you (or get reacquainted). Please submit your candidacy for consideration!
As part of the store’s team, you will be fully immersed in every aspect of our customers’ journeys as they visit our stores. Therefore, as an Editor performing within our back of house operation, you will be trained in all aspects of the store operation, including our customer-facing operation. You will assist with coverage (when needed) and will be equipped to work in both environments, front and back of house. Having a holistic understanding of the customer journey, from start to finish, will strengthen our team’s abilities when assisting customers with any and all inquiries - with leadership guidance and support as needed. Performance expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Model and coach Glossier’s customer experience principles, ensuring consistently memorable and inspiring experiences.
- Embody our core values of Devoted to the Customer, Inclusive, Courageous, Curious, and Discerning in everything you do.
- Fully embrace and personify our people-first philosophy every day, with co-workers and customers alike.
- Follow our Code of Conduct, always demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, respect, and inclusion.
- Become an expert on the entire portfolio of products, with an active working knowledge on product basics, key benefits, application, formula, customer recommendations, and care.
- Thoughtfully participate and complete all assigned training modules by noted deadlines, both in-person and digital (e.g., product or operational knowledge, but customer service fundamentals, HR-driven modules, etc.)
- Fulfill customer order requests in an expeditious, thoughtful, branded and accurate manner.
- Master all customer service expectations as they pertain to product care, packaging, and overall handling, becoming an exemplary Editor and advisor to new team members and existing team members cross-training in back of house operations.
- Become a brand ambassador, fully versed in all aspects of the Glossier portfolio of products, especially as customers inquire about specific information on our product assortment.
- Operate with optimism and joy— having fun is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
- Cross-train with fellow Editors (front of house operations) to become fully versed in all areas of the store operation.
- Be a safety champion for all! Safely completing all work responsibilities and ensuring the work environment is free of safety hazards, immediately reporting any concerns to management when applicable.
- Outstanding collaborator, able to partner with store team and leadership in the fulfillment of special projects and/or assignments.
- Participate in company initiatives, customer programs, and trainings to gain thorough understanding and expertise in the customer journey - beginning to end.
- Partner with store leadership to effectively communicate feedback on inventory logistics, packaging, and customer feedback regarding their physical experience with our products.
- Serve as coverage for front of house operations when business warrants it, as assigned by management.
- Strict adherence to safety standards (COVID-19) as defined by the store leadership team in accordance with CDC, federal, and state guidelines.
- Understand and fulfill operational expectations, particularly as they relate to the management and handling of inventory.
- Restock and replenish inventory in accordance with business and operational standards.
- Carefully receive, manage, and inspect shipment receipts to ensure accuracy and quality, and diligently report discrepancies accordingly.
- Uphold all uniform standards, closely following presentation guidelines.
- Be informed on and dutifully follow store processes as established by management (e.g., scheduling processes, standards of store operation, inventory logistics, etc.).
- Observe strict confidentiality, particularly as it pertains to handling sensitive information (such as credit card data, customer information).
- Maintain clean, organized, safe, and easy to navigate back of house workspaces.
- Focus on inventory accuracy, following a meticulous, yet expeditious, mindset when fulfilling customer orders.
- Become an expert in all operational procedures of the store, both front and back of house, with a focus on providing support to newly hired or cross-training team members.
- Active participant in visual projects (e.g., new display activations, floor moves, product launches, brand events, etc.).
- Skillful multitasker, able to accommodate multiple customer requests at a time without compromising service standards of excellence.
- Assist with the store’s inventory, to be conducted semi-annually, making sure our inventory counts are accurate, expeditious, and thorough.
- Expertise on inventory management system, inventory reporting, and store logistics.
- Passion for creating memorable experiences through meaningful personal interactions.
- A true collaborator in nature, driven by the power of teamwork, who thrives in group settings.
- Positive, willing to learn and grow, and motivated to perform in fast-paced environments.
- Highly adaptable with an impeccable ability to multitask.
- Patient, open-minded, and can troubleshoot with ease.
- An advocate for all members of our community, promoting inclusion and belonging always.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy and understanding while still driving action.
- Passion for building exceptional, detailed-oriented, customer and employee experiences.
- Driven by operational excellence, understanding the logistics of a retail operation in order for the customer experience to be one that is operationally seamless and memorable.
- Desire and willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump in when the situation requires it.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, climb ladders, use stairs, reach, pull and lift weights of usually 5-30 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays required.
- Prior experience with POS (point of sale) or inventory management systems a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced retail or hospitality environment a plus.
Founded in 2014, Glossier is a digital-first, growth-stage beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We build products and experiences inspired by our community, and are reimagining the beauty shopping experience with a people-first approach to discovery, both online and offline.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.