- New York
- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning.
Glossier is looking for a Director of Real Estate who is a highly organized, strategic and driven team player to help grow Glossier’s physical Retail presence. As a Director of Real Estate you will help shape and execute Glossier’s global location growth strategy. The primary responsibility of this position is to grow the business by developing relationships with landlords in target locations to advance the expansion of the Glossier store portfolio.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Retail, the role will partner cross-functionally with the Corporate and Store Retail teams, Construction, Marketing and Creative and Legal teams. We aim to significantly increase our store count over the next 5 yrs and this role will build and lead the global market expansion strategy and be instrumental in building the future of retail.
Six Month Expectations
- Build and develop relationships with landlords, brokers, and other decision-makers to effectively communicate our value proposition and source transactions
- Manage and review the preparation of lease summaries, legal requirements, property records, via established processes and procedures
- Participate in the formulation and execution of short term and long-term expansion strategy, organization management and approval of lease presentations.
- Research locations to identify new leads and potential new property opportunities
- Collaborate cross functionally to advance site selection, design and construction planning, Exec approval, negotiation and the Marketing team to ensure high quality demographic profiling
- Complete detailed visits to potential sites to evaluate demographic alignment with business models and other key components
- Work in conjunction with the Finance team to evaluate and complete the financial impact to the company, return on investment and feasibility of each potential site by completing detailed analysis of all financials
- Provide leadership and clear direction in the coordination of all Retail Leasing activities, delivering current store property management requirements and the new store opening strategy
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Develop our North America and International property strategy at least three to five years ahead
- Maintain strong relationships with landlords
- Gain a thorough understanding of the business model and strategy by proactively collaborating with internal sources
- Work effectively with the legal and construction departments to ensure that all approved deals are finalized on schedule, ensuring successful openings within the approved budget guidelines
- Responsible for the successful renewal, relocation, and/or termination of all existing leases in designated markets
- Analyze our competitors on a continuous basis, and be attuned to market and industry trends
- 7-10 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate including lease negotiation and developing a network of contacts
- Strong financial modeling, underwriting and other analytical skills
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with landlords, developers and brokers in a transactional capacity
- Keen attention to detail, strong prioritization skills and high emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to take a creative approach to negotiate and solve tough problems
- In depth knowledge of the Retail Industry and up to date on current RE market
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- International Real Estate experience a plus, not required
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.