- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
Glossier’s mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. We’re hiring talented and experienced engineers to join our growing and collaborative team to build the future of beauty e-commerce. Given our high growth, we have openings across various Engineering teams at Glossier including our Ordering Experience, Discovery and Operations Systems teams.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to architect and build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. As an experienced leader, you will closely work with other engineers, managers, product, design and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will drive engineering and operational excellence across Glossier. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices. You will also support, mentor and help other engineers in the team.
6 Month Expectations:
- Become proficient in our environment and learn how our systems work together to support our public website
- Contribute to migration of services from a monolithic architecture to microservices based architecture
- Collaborate with engineers on our services roadmap
- Help integrate various services and systems together to create a seamless flow of information
12+ Month Expectations:
- Take ownership and/or support one or more of our services
- Help guide the best practices for our Service Oriented Architecture evolution
- Work on building APIs and tools to further improve our developer experience
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing applications
- Experience with building distributed systems with a cloud service-oriented architecture
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- E-commerce experience is preferred
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.