- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
Glossier’s mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. We’re hiring talented and experienced engineers to join our growing and collaborative team to build the future of beauty e-commerce.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with iOS experience to architect and build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. You will closely work with other engineers, managers, product, design and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will drive engineering and operational excellence across Glossier. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices. You will also support, mentor and help other engineers on the team.
Six Month Expectations
- Become proficient in our environment and learn how our systems work together to support our in-store iOS application
- Build empathy for our retail employees and customers by understanding their problems and workflows
- Contribute to migration of services from a monolithic architecture to microservices based architecture
- Help integrate various services and systems together to create a seamless flow of information
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Take ownership and/or support one or more services related to our retail stores
- Identify and/or own an opportunity to improve our in-store operations
- Help guide the best practices for our iOS application and infrastructure
- Work on documentation and tools to further improve our developer experience
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing applications
- Experience building performant iOS applications in Swift
- Experience working with web technologies or a willingness to learn
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- E-commerce experience is preferred
- Design experience is a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.