- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
Glossier’s mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. We’re hiring talented and experienced engineers to join our growing and collaborative team to build the future of beauty commerce, both online and offline.
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to build scalable and performant experiences using engineering best practices. As a team member, you bring an appetite for learning new technical and non-technical skills. You will work closely with your senior engineers, managers, product, design, and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will actively contribute to the engineering and operational excellence across Glossier. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices.
The Operation Systems team is responsible for providing a customer focused, efficient and accurate fulfillment and delivery experience. This includes creating a centralized inventory system for both fulfillment centers and retail stores, building support for shipping all around the globe in an efficient and sustainable manner, and ensuring customers have a smooth experience once their order has been placed. As Glossier continues to grow and expand internationally, this is a key opportunity to influence what strategies/design patterns we use as we continue to build robust operational systems.
Six Month Expectations
- Become proficient in our environment and learn how our systems work together to support the in-store experience
- Write new components using React, Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, and Typescript
- Work closely with product managers and designers to create useful and polished user experiences
- Help integrate various services and systems together to create a seamless flow of information
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Take ownership and/or support one or more of our services, and influence the direction of new feature sets
- Work on building APIs and tools to further improve our developer experience
- Grow and mentor other engineers on best practices for frontend engineering
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing applications
- TypeScript, Ruby/Rails nice to have
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- E-commerce experience nice to have
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.