- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Glossier’s mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
We’re hiring an Engineering Manager to lead our Operations Systems team, responsible for Glossier’s supply chain and fulfillment infrastructure. You’ll join a small and growing team of engineers and a product manager with the mission of building the tools that enable Glossier’s operations to scale. You’ll empower Glossier to deliver physical products ever-more quickly and efficiently.
As manager, you’ll be a role model for inclusivity and mindful communication, and always looking to elevate our team’s culture, and will ensure the smooth delivery of several work streams. In a given week, you may guide an architecture discussion about a new fulfillment service, ensure our warehouse systems can support an upcoming product launches, and help debug fulfillment edge-cases with a vendor.
6 Month Expectations:
- Hire and build the engineering team
- Collaborate with Principal/ Staff Engineers, peer Engineering leaders and product management to determine roadmap and own end-to-end execution to improve our supply chain and fulfillment infrastructure
- Lead & deliver key business-critical 2021 initiatives, including a new inventory tracking service to improve warehouse operations and the accuracy of delivery dates
- Drive engineering, operational excellence & quality best practices
12+ Month Expectations:
- Set a culture around ‘innovation on behalf of our customers’ in the logistics and supply chain areas
- Support a rapid expansion of international shipping options
- Evolve charter for team and build long term technical strategy
- Determine headcount needs and execute on hiring plans
- Partner with other engineering leads and develop tech forums internally & externally and foster a vibrant engineering culture
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture
- 5+ years of professional experience in building successful production software systems
- 2+ years of experience managing software development engineers
- Experience in recruiting, hiring and managing high performance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Champion our core values: inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted the the customer
- (Preferred) Experience in building large scale distributed systems
- (Preferred) Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services and applications operating in a 24x7 environment
- (Preferred) Experience with building systems on AWS technologies and serverless architecture.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.