- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Glossier’s mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. As Engineering Manager you will be responsible for helping to nurture and develop the growth of one of our Engineering teams. You will lead a small team of Software Engineers to build new products and programs. You will drive the technical vision and partner with Principal and Staff Engineers to build and execute on the team roadmap. You will be responsible for hiring and developing engineers and driving engineering excellence.
6 Month Expectations:
- Hire and build the engineering team
- Collaborate with Principal/ Staff Engineers, peer Engineering leaders and product management to determine roadmap and own end-to-end execution
- Lead & deliver key business-critical 2021 initiatives
- Drive engineering, operational excellence & quality best practices
- 12+ Month Expectations:
- Evolve charter for team and build long term technical strategy
- Determine headcount needs and execute on hiring plans
- Partner with other engineering leads and develop tech forums internally & externally and foster a vibrant engineering culture
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture
- 5+ years of professional experience in building successful production software systems
- 2+ years of experience managing software development engineers
- Experience in recruiting, hiring and managing high performance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- (Preferred) Experience in building large scale distributed systems
- (Preferred) Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services and applications operating in a 24x7 environment
- (Preferred) Experience with building systems on AWS technologies and serverless architecture.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.