- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Business Development
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
As our Director of Last Mile Strategy, you will be a part of the Good Eggs Operations leadership team and ensure we are making the right decisions in determining the most cost-effective methods to deliver our absurdly fresh groceries to customers. You will lead the implementation of critical product and supply chain initiatives, which raise the bar for our fleet strategy, on time SLA, and variable cost KPI’s. The incumbent must be willing and capable to work in a team environment as well as have the ability to work independently, driving projects to completion, in a collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate is as passionate about healthy food, as they are about service and technology.
- Accountable for on time performance of +98%.
- Lead the implementation of a Transportation Management System (TMS) that increases order capacity by 50%.
- Determine last mile strategies based on distance, fleet type, and customer profile.
- Innovate improved delivery experiences that improve customer convenience.
- Design a network distribution strategy that aligns with Good Eggs expansion roadmap.
- Collaborate with a diverse team across multiple geographies to effectively serve our consumers and customers in the most efficient way possible.
- Accountable to scheduled transportation variable cost / order performance across multiple geographies. This will require managing staffing partner relationships, as well as digging to root cause on issues.
- Accountable for designing fleet strategies that connect with our purpose of decreasing carbon emissions.
- Champion best in class customer service and experiences via the utilization of technology and data analytics.
- Strategize ways to improve our delivery suite that support growth targets (expansion of regions, delivery windows, delivery types)
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or closely related field required. MBA/Master’s Degree in a related field a plus
- 5-8+ years of CPG Supply Chain and/or transportation/last mile experience
- Excellent analytical skills - spreadsheeting, data analysis, SQL a plus
- Enterprise thinking, end-to-end business knowledge.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve unique and or challenging problems.
- Capability to drive interpersonal alignment at all levels of the organization.
- Drive results in a balanced way, serving our consumers and customers, while engaging and growing our people in a safe and people-first environment.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Mobilize teams to drive cross functional collaboration and create willingness to strive for outstanding results.
- Strategic innovative thinking. Ability to understand and translate company strategies and operational business needs into future capabilities and solutions
- Special Requirements: Ability to walk, stand for long periods of time on a daily basis. Ability to work in cold environments like a warehouse, or outside in the cold.
- Working Conditions: This role works in an open concept, warehouse environment.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.